About Us - Overview
Thank you for visiting us. We are an international and interdenominational self-supporting Christian association. As members and partners, we have a strong desire to serve our Lord and unite together in order to inflict upon Satan – our common enemy - major defeats and bring back to the path of abundance as many people as possible.
Whether you are just curious about SRL Ministries and God or you are a committed follower of Jesus Christ, you are more than welcome to visit us online or to participate in our events.
Below are some frequently asked questions that will help you get better acquainted with us.
SRL Ministries was founded in June 2010 by Barbara and Serge Roux-Levrat (as well as their two children). They responded to God’s calling to serve as Ambassadors of Jesus Christ and to work, together with the body of Christ, towards a Christian revival and unification in Europe.
For Saved, Restored and Loved. Why? Firstly, because this is what qualifies our members and partners. Secondly, it serves one of our main purposes, which is to remind people that we can all be saved, that God wants to restore everything that Satan has stolen from us and that God loves us unconditionally.
Our Father in Heaven is a god of love. He loves us all, whether we are an unbeliever or a Christian. He is ready to do anything He can to save us from eternal separation from Him. He loves us unconditionally. The truth is that only real love can transform people for the better! No other thing that the world can offer us can quench our soul, give us peace, make us joyful and enable us to grow in healthy ways. Many have not believed this and have ended up dying in misery and poverty. However, it does not have to be this way for you.
No. We are not a church; we are a member of the body of Christ.
As the Apostle Paul explained clearly in 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, the body of Christ is made up of many parts, each with a different purpose. Our role, as assigned to us by Jesus Christ, is to fight Satan on issues that cross denominations and to help Christians live the abundant life that He died for them to enjoy (see John 10:10).
Our mission is not to plant churches but to:
- Help our partner churches edify spiritually their members
- Turn Christians into mature leaders who can successfully win souls for the kingdom of heaven, win battles against Satan, and reclaim the abundance that Jesus died for them to enjoy
- Unify Christians around key theological truths so that the body of Christ can more actively influence the destiny of this world
No. We are simply a free community of Christians. By free, you should understand that we are not bound to the state like the Catholic and Protestant churches usually are. Each country has enacted regulations defining which Christian communities are national communities or (churches) and which are free communities (or churches). In the US for instance, there are no national churches. So all religious communities (e.g. the Catholic churches, the Protestant churches, the Pentacostal churches, the Methodists, the Salvation Army and the Baptists) have the same status.
Why are we not a sect? For several reasons.
- Firstly, because we do not claim to be the only Christian community that can help people to be saved and not be quarantined in hell.
- Secondly, because we do not lock people in. Our members can leave SRL Ministries at any time they wish. We do not force or manipulate people psychologically to remain in SRL Ministries. We know that once we have fed them spiritually, they may want to join another Christian community in order to receive the new spiritual food that they need to continue to unlock their ambassadorial potential. We rejoice whenever one of our members leaves us in order to join another Christian organization. We do not see these departures as a loss, but as a gain as we are storing up for ourselves treasures in heaven in the process and are strengthening our network of alumni.
- Thirdly, because we recognize Jesus as our Head of State: we know that we ultimately report to Him and do not shy away from proclaiming this link, which most sects refuse to do.
- Finally, our Principal Ambassador does not claim to be the savior through whom people can live eternally as is often done by the leaders of sects.
Ultimately, God. Indeed, we are financially dependent solely upon His provision: we receive no government funding. Our financial provisions primarily come throught the generous and faithful freewill gifts and donations of our members and partners.
Those who give to us have generally been led by the Holy Spirit to join forces with us so that, together, we can defeat many of the plans that Satan has elaborated in order to: destroy lives, break down marriages, lock people in prisons of bitterness, guilt, ill-health, scarcity, etc.
To ensure that an outflow of the love of God exists in SRL Ministries even in the financial sphere, we give each year a minimum of 10 percent of the money our Lord directs to us to other organizations or people that extend His love to the poor, the lost, the sick, etc.
No. Serge and Barbara receive no basic salary from SRL Ministries. Like the Apostle Paul did, they work outside of SRL Ministries in order to earn a living. However, they may receive a variable compensation in some instances, e.g. whenever they work on a coaching mandate on behlaf of SRL Ministries. This is in fully line with the teaching of the Bible; see for instance 1 Corinthians 9:14, 1 Timothy 5:17-18, Luke 10:7 and Matthew 10:10. Jesus Himself taught that spiritual workers deserve to be paid for their service like any other workers.
As we are not a church and do not want to supplant our local partner churches, we do not run conferences in the same city regularly. We therefore encourage you to visit our "Events" section in order to see which towns we shall be visiting next and what the focus of our ambassadorial work will be there.