Conflict of Interest Policy
(Adopted on 10 June 2010)
The SRL Ministries Association, its Ambassadors, Officers, Directors, and Committee members scrupulously shall avoid any conflict between their respective personal, professional or business interests and the interests of the Association, in any and all actions taken by them on behalf of the Association in their respective capacities. They shall give undivided loyalty to the Association and its goals. Any activities which do not serve the best interest of the Association or which favor the personal advantage of another person or corporation are inconsistent with the duties and responsibilities owed to the Association.
If any Officer, Director, Committee member or Task Force member of the Association has any direct or indirect interest in, or relationship with, any individual or organization that proposes to enter into any transaction with the Association, including but not limited to transactions involving:
- the sale, purchase, lease or rental of any property or other asset;
- employment, or rendition of services, personal or otherwise;
- the award of any grant, contract, or subcontract;
- the acceptance of any gift entertainment, services, loans, or promises of future benefits from any person or organization that might benefit because of the individual's connection with the Association (note: this does not apply to gifts and/or similar entertainment of nominal value)
- the investment or deposit of any funds of the Association;
such person shall give notice of such interest or relationship and may be asked by the Chairman of the Committee of the Association to refrain from discussing or voting on the particular transaction in which he has an interest, or otherwise attempting to exert any influence on the Association, or its components to affect a decision to participate or not participate in such transaction.
Disclosed Conflict of interest:
The following conflict of interest has been disclosed by the parties involved and satisfactorily resolved in so far as the Association is concerned:
Serge and Barbara Roux-Levrat have a controlling stake in Heavens Press GmbH, the Christian company that currently publishes the works of our Senior Ambassadors. The agreement we reached with Heavens Press GmbH stipulates that the prices paid by SRL Ministries for the books and/or audio-books that it orders shall both reflect the bulk discounts typically given to other individuals / corporations and be net of any royalties normally due to our Senior Ambassadors.